Input Combo Skills
- Looking for a way to make your battle system more interesting?
- Inspired by games that use Skill Combos, which add a new layer of depth to your game’s tactics?
- You could try to build a similar system using events, but that would take hours and make your project files look messy. Or you could commission a plugin, which might cost you several hundred dollars.
- That’s why we’ve developed the Input Combo Skills plugin!
- This plug-and-play feature lets you drop the plugin right into your project, and set up custom skills and combos with notetags.
- Intuitively set up Key Inputs using the Plugin Manager.
- Make endless combinations of skills and combos, to bring your battle system to life!
How to Use
* Skill Note Tags * * : <ComboMax: MAX> * * Maximum amount of combo skills that can be performed. * * : MAX * * ^ Max value. * * Example: <ComboMax: 3> * * * <ComboSkillInput[INDEX]: ID> * * Sets the input for a skill to combo with. * * : INDEX * * ^ Input index value. (This is determined by the position of the index * * in the Inputs parameter array of the script.) * * : ID * * ^ Id of the skill which the input will combo with. * * Examples: * * <ComboSkillInput1: 4> * <ComboSkillInput2: 5> * <ComboSkillInput3: 8> * <ComboSkillInput4: 9> * <ComboSkillInput5: 10> * * <ComboCombination: COMBINATION, RESULT> * * The combinations of skills that result in a new skill being used. * * * * : COMBINATION * * ^ The ID combination of inputs. * * ^ If the combo is 1 1 1 then it becomes 1-1-1 and if it’s 5 4 1 then it becomes 5-4-1. * * * * : RESULT * * ^ Skill Id for the combo. * * * Examples: * * <ComboCombination: 4-4-4, 10> * <ComboCombination: 3-1-3, 3> * * Use Plugin Parameters to adjust timers and key inputs. * *
This plugin is made for RPG Maker MV with version 1.6.1 and above. We cannot guarantee whether it will work on older versions of the engine.
- Place Input Combo Skills.js in your project file in js>plugins.
- Open the Plugin Manager in your project and add Input Combo Skills.
- Follow the instructions in the Help window to install.
1. These plugins may be used in free or commercial games.
2. 'RPG Maker TDS, Yanfly and Archeia' must be given credit in your games.
3. You are allowed to edit the code.
4. Do NOT change the filename, parameters, and information of the plugin.
5. You are NOT allowed to redistribute these Plugins.
6. You may NOT take code for your own released Plugins.