Auto Message Colors (Irina)
This is a plugin created for RPG Maker MV.
For help on how to install plugins, click here.
For help on how to update plugins, click here.
Got errors with your RPG Maker MV plugin? Click here.
This is a plugin created by Atelier Irina.
You can also follow Atelier Irina on itch.io.
RPG Maker Version
This plugin is made for and tested on RPG Maker MV with version 1.6.2. I cannot guarantee if it works on lower versions. Some of the plugin parameters require the later updates of RPG Maker MV for you to be able to use their entries so please update RPG Maker MV to the latest version if you want the best experience in using this plugin.
You are only allowed to use the plugins made by Atelier Irina if you agree to all of the following:
- These plugins may be used in free or commercial games.
- 'RPG Maker Irina' must be given credit in your games.
- You are allowed to edit the code.
- Do NOT change the filename, parameters, and information of the plugin.
- You are NOT allowed to redistribute these Plugins.
- You may NOT take code for your own released Plugins.
This plugin automatically causes the messages that can use text codes to automatically color keywords to depict importance so you don't have to manually type in \cImportant\c every time you want to draw attention to something. This helps those who want to make their keywords consistent throughout their game as well as makes it easier to simply offload text into RPG Maker MV without having to go through and highlight everything manually.
Warning: This will not work in text that does not make use of text codes simply because that kind of drawn text does not support color changes through the \c[x] text code to begin with.
There are Plugin Parameters that you may configure for this plugin.
Text Code Highlighting
- Anything listed under here will have text code colors used to highlight them in the game. Using the listed text codes will put color changes before the text code and a color reversion after it. If you don't want certain text codes to be colored, replace their number values with 'false' instead.
- Some of these plugin parameters require certain Yanfly Engine Plugins to work. If you don't have them, that's okay (but you should download them because they make your game tons better). If the plugins aren't present, the features wouldn't be used for those text codes anyway.
- You can insert lists of words into these plugin parameters to have them always come up a certain color in-game (these will not show in the editor message previews). You can add multiple words per color entry. The words entered here are case sensitive. This means that if you put in 'Green', then using 'green' will not become colored. If you want both cases to be colored, then list both the lowercase and uppercase versions of the word.
- Also, these would have to be the exact word, too. 'Greenland' would not become colored because 'Greenland' is not the same as 'Green'. This plugin will make a check for only exact versions of the word unless there is a possessive case after the word (like Green's). In that case, only the actual word and not the 's will be colored.
- 2019.03.02 - Fixed double slash (\\) text code disappearing
- 2019.02.23 - Added Japanese support for auto message word coloring.