Dragonbones Map Sprites (Irina)
This is a plugin created for RPG Maker MV.
For help on how to install plugins, click here.
For help on how to update plugins, click here.
Got errors with your RPG Maker MV plugin? Click here.
This is a plugin created by Atelier Irina.
You can also follow Atelier Irina on itch.io.
RPG Maker Version
This plugin is made for and tested on RPG Maker MV with version 1.6.2. I cannot guarantee if it works on lower versions. Some of the plugin parameters require the later updates of RPG Maker MV for you to be able to use their entries so please update RPG Maker MV to the latest version if you want the best experience in using this plugin.
You are only allowed to use the plugins made by Atelier Irina if you agree to all of the following:
- These plugins may be used in free or commercial games.
- 'RPG Maker Irina' must be given credit in your games.
- You are allowed to edit the code.
- Do NOT change the filename, parameters, and information of the plugin.
- You are NOT allowed to redistribute these Plugins.
- You may NOT take code for your own released Plugins.
The plugin enables the ability to attach Dragonbones armatures to characters on the map to use as map sprites and animate them through plugin commands or movement Script Calls. Dragonbones map sprites can (optional) have unique animations for standing idle, walking, dashing, jumping, and/or climbing as well as (also optional) unique animations for each direction.
This is an extension plugin for KELYEP_DragonBones.
Place this plugin under KELYEP_DragonBones in your Plugin Manager list.
Credit to TheGreenKel, Yanfly, and Irina must be given upon using this.
The required Dragonbones Integration plugin can be downloaded from here:
The following are behaviors that you will need to come to expect out of Dragonbones armatures when used with map sprites.
1. When a Dragonbones armature is loaded, it will play the "Idle" animation upon loading. Make your Dragonbones armatures with this in mind.
2. The Dragonbones armature will always be anchored at the X, Y coordinates of the picture. This X, Y coordinate point will be where the root/pivot point of the Dragonbones armature will be located.
3. The properties used by a picture (ie the opacity, scale, rotation, and tint) will also be shared and/or amplified with the Dragonbones armature. The exception to this will be Blend Modes aren't supported.
When Designing Dragonbones Armatures
1. Try not to use more than 99 vertices for meshes. The reason behind this is because the Dragonbones armature is added as a sprite to the game's Tilemap. Any and all sprites added to the Tilemap have some restrictions placed on them as per Pixi JS's design. The Dragonbones armatures are no exception to this.
If the number of vertices exceeds 99, strange things will occur to the Dragonbones armature that are outside of this plugin's control. While it won't stop the plugin from functioning properly, expected behaviors may happen due to the threshold.
2. When using Dragonbones armatures that are too tall or wide, they may clip into the tile layer above or to the side due to how the Tilemap works. Things that you would see happen would include clipping into the tops of trees and structures.
3. Certain motions will request specific animations from the Dragonbones armature. If the animations exist, it will play those motions. If they don't, the motions may request a different animation down the line. The request orders are as follows:
Jumping: - jump, walk, idle Ladder (Climbing): - ladderclimb, walk, ladderidle, idle Ladder (Idle): - ladderidle, idle Dashing: - dash, walk, idle Walking: - walk, idle Idle: - idle
There is none yet.