Anti-Player Stress (Olivia)
VisuStella, Caz Wolf, Fallen Angel Olivia, Atelier Irina, and other affiliated content creators.
This is a plugin created for RPG Maker MV.
For help on how to install plugins, click here.
For help on how to update plugins, click here.
Got errors with your RPG Maker MV plugin? Click here.
Fallen Angel Olivia
This is a plugin created by Fallen Angel Olivia.
You can also follow Fallen Angel Olivia on itch.io.
RPG Maker Version
This plugin is made for RPG Maker MV versions 1.6.1 and below. If you update RPG Maker MV past that and this plugin breaks, I am NOT responsible for it.
You are only allowed to use the plugins made by Atelier Irina if you agree to all of the following:
- These plugins may be used in free or commercial games.
- 'Fallen Angel Olivia' must be given credit in your games.
- You are allowed to edit the code.
- Do NOT change the filename, parameters, and information of the plugin.
- You are NOT allowed to redistribute these Plugins.
- You may NOT take code for your own released Plugins.
This is a plugin that will change various parts of your game to show that you care for your players' mental healths to make it less stressful for players to play through. Some changes are made for the purpose of reducing stress while other changes are made for aesthetic reasons to make the game look more pleasing on the eye.
List of Changes
- Center the text in the title command window. This is because left-aligned text on that command window makes the screen look terrible when the title of your game is centered (assuming you are letting the game write out your game's title name). (You can change this in the plugin parameters)
- Default Options Settings: Players will almost always turn on Always Dash, Command Remember, and lower the volume settings for your game. Do it for them and reduce the amount of jump scares players get when they turn on your game for the first time ever and the music blows out their eardrums because it is at 100% volume. (You can change this in the plugin parameters)
- Encounter Rate Minimum: Players are now given a minimum number of steps before a random encounter battle. The biggest complaint I've ever seen across so many RPG Maker games is the awful random encounter rate thanks to RPG Maker's horrible formula for it. This will fix the problem by putting in a calculation for a minimum number of steps instead of just a 1 to X value. (You can change this in the plugin parameters)
- Escaping battles will always work. Not every player wants to deal with your game's battle system because of reasons. So if they want to escape a battle, let them escape the battle at a 100% success rate. There is no reason to punish a player because they find a facet of your game unenjoyable to play. (You can change this in the plugin parameters)
- Hit Rate Stacking: stacks skill accuracy in favor of the player. If the player uses a non-attack physical skill, the accuracy will ignore the actor hit percentage value because it's left by default at 95%, which happens way too often due to the unbalanced accuracy calculation of RPG Maker MV. Skills will use the success rates dictated inside of the database and no other outside factors. Only regular attacks will still be affected by hit rates. (You can change this in the plugin parameters)
- Leveling a character will fully recover their HP and MP. So many RPG's do this and whenever it happens, players feel great about it. What doesn't feel great is leveling up and seeing that you have more HP and MP to heal back because the game you're playing doesn't have such a system. (You can change this in the plugin parameters)
- Proper Error Display: Not all games are perfect. If your players discover a game crash, they will get a complete unhelpful one message without this plugin. With this plugin and this option turned on, players can get you a detailed bug report on the exact parts of the code that need fixing. (You can change this in the plugin parameters)
You can turn off these features from the plugin parameters if you want.
- Aug 28 2018: Fixed bug that made HP and MP not recover to full.
- Aug 30 2018: Fixed bug with EVA
- Oct 2 2018: Fixed potential exploit with class changing to "level up" and get full recovery