OctoPack Battler (Olivia)
This is a plugin created for RPG Maker MV.
For help on how to install plugins, click here.
For help on how to update plugins, click here.
Got errors with your RPG Maker MV plugin? Click here.
This is a plugin created by Fallen Angel Olivia.
You can also follow Fallen Angel Olivia on itch.io.
RPG Maker Version
This plugin is made for RPG Maker MV versions 1.6.1 and below. If you update RPG Maker MV past that and this plugin breaks, I am NOT responsible for it.
You are only allowed to use the plugins made by Atelier Irina if you agree to all of the following:
- These plugins may be used in free or commercial games.
- 'Fallen Angel Olivia' must be given credit in your games.
- You are allowed to edit the code.
- Do NOT change the filename, parameters, and information of the plugin.
- You are NOT allowed to redistribute these Plugins.
- You may NOT take code for your own released Plugins.
This plugin is a part of the OctoPack Battler plugin series!
This is a sample project that contains a plugin with the 8x OctoPack Battler plugins compiled together and a pre-built setup to let you create a game to get the battle system running right out of the box. This sample project is heavily inspired by Octopath Traveler! You can use it to build your own game on top of it to have everything work properly!
What is Included?
So what else is included with the sample project?
Class Skills: The skills from each of the 12 classes in Octopath Traveler have been remade in this sample project!
Full Database: There is a full database of classes, skills, items, weapons, armors, enemies, troops, and states! The 12 classes and their skills are there, 40+ items, 200+ weapons, 400+ armors, 200+ enemies, and 40+ states! Many of which even have custom effects! Armors and enemies even have their own stats and weaknesses that are unique from each other! This is a lot to get working with and give you ideas for what kind of game you want to make!
Tutorial Area: A tutorial area to explain to you, the game developer, how the battle system works. By the end of the sample project, you will have mastered the Order Turn Battle system and have a clearer understanding on how to make a game with it.
Monster Arena: Made using the 200+ enemies to create a monster area. You can test out fights against random encounters or even boss fights suited for various levels from level 1 to level 99!
Other Unique Assets: The sample project will also include a modified version of Lady Luck's Octopath-like Damage for RPG Maker MV and updated icons suited for the battle system that I've added myself!
What Can You Do With It?
What can you do with the sample project?
If you buy it, you can create a game on top of it, use the skills I've recreated, use the items, weapons, armors, states I've made, modify them if you want to your liking, or just even release a full game using the systems I've set up inside of it! You can even move the database items over to your own project, too, but you will need to change some of the settings on some of the effects of certain database items.
About the Plugins
This is a RPG Maker MV compilation plugin using eight (now) TEN various battle-related plugins to make an in-depth battle system.
Some of the features in this plugin requires YEP Battle Engine Core.
If you are using this plugin, please do not use the other 8 plugins listed or else there will be errors. If you have configured the plugin parameters for those individual plugins, you will unfortunately have to reconfigure them for this one again. I'm afraid there is not anything I can do about that and I must apologize for it.
For the best compatibility, place this plugin close to the BOTTOM of your plugin list. This is to ensure the features of this plugin will be used and that other plugins do not override this one.
- July 17 2019: Fixed <Hide HP Gauge> notetag not working.
- Apr 16 2019: If using Battle Engine Core and a battler opacity reaches 0, the weakness display will also fade.
- Sep 18 2018: Bug Fixes. Mentioned here.
- Sep 19 2018: Bug Fixes. Mentioned here.
- Sep 20 2018: Bug Fixes. Mentioned here.
- Sep 21 2018: Major update! Mentioned here!
- Sep 25 2018: Major update! Mentioned here!
- Sep 26 2018: Bug Fixes. Mentioned here.
- Sep 28 2018: Bug Fix for Item Concoctions, details here.
- Sep 30 2018: Major update! Mentioned here!
- Oct 2 2018: Updated Sample Project's Anti-Player Stress Plugin to latest version.
- Oct 7 2018: Major Update! Mentioned here!
- Oct 16 2018: Bug fixed for Side Battle UI. Can now display more than 4 states if chosen by plugin parameter settings.
- Oct 23 2018: Bug fixed for Weapon Swap System. Battle Test Weapon plugin parameter now works properly.