Chain Battles VisuStella MZ
- 1 Download
- 2 System
- 3 Required Plugins
- 4 VisuStella MZ
- 5 Support VisuStella
- 6 Introduction
- 7 Requirements
- 8 Chain Battle Carry Over
- 9 Extra Features
- 10 VisuStella MZ Compatibility
- 11 Plugin Commands
- 12 Plugin Parameters
- 14 Credits
- 15 Changelog
- 16 End of File
This is a plugin created for RPG Maker MZ.
Click here for help on how to install plugins and an explanation on the Tier Hierarchy System.
Click here to learn how to update plugins.
Click here for how to troubleshoot plugins if you get an error.
The following plugins are required in order to use this plugin.
Place the following plugins above this plugin located in the Plugin Manager.
This plugin is a part of the VisuStella MZ Plugin Library.
Ever wanted to have a continuous stream of battles without the victory sequence appearing until the very end? The Chain Battles plugin will allow RPG Maker MZ to do just that. As the player's party progresses forward, they maintain their states, buffs, and debuffs. The such effects will keep their stacks and turns. Chain Battles will make creating a marathon of battles a possibility.
Features include all (but not limited to) the following:
This plugin is made for RPG Maker MZ. This will not work in other iterations of RPG Maker.
Required Plugin List
This plugin requires the above listed plugins to be installed inside your game's Plugin Manager list in order to work. You cannot start your game with this plugin enabled without the listed plugins.
This plugin is a Tier 3 plugin. Place it under other plugins of lower tier value on your Plugin Manager list (ie: 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5).
This is to ensure that your plugins will have the best compatibility with the rest of the VisuStella MZ Plugin library.
Chain Battle Carry Over
The following section will explain what happens whenever chain battles occur and describe exactly what is carried over.
HP, MP, and TP
HP and MP, by default, are static across battles and will not reset themselves at the start of each chained battle.
TP, however, will depend. If TP is preserved, then the TP values will be maintained as chain battles progress. If TP is not preserved, then, by default, the battler will gain a random amount of TP at the start of each chained battle.
When chaining into the next battle, the turn count will be preserved and then increased by 1. This means if you end the first battle at Turn 10, then you will start the second battle at Turn 11. This applies to TPB battle systems as well.
Troop Event Page Span
If a troop event page's span is set to "battle", it will be reset at the start of each chain battle. This means even if you are utilizing the same conditions as before for the same page, the same page's span will be reset.
There are some extra features found if other VisuStella MZ plugins are found present in the Plugin Manager list.
This plugin offers bonus reward multipliers for the Class Change System's CP and JP resource points earned from battle.
This plugin offers bonus reward multipliers for the Skill Learn System's AP and SP resource points earned from battle.
VisuStella MZ Compatibility
While this plugin is compatible with the majority of the VisuStella MZ plugin library, it is not compatible with specific plugins or specific features. This section will highlight the main plugins/features that will not be compatible with this plugin or put focus on how the make certain features compatible.
Extra Rewards will be carried over into subsequently chained battles instead of being cleared. However, Forced Rewards will still overwrite everything. Keep this in mind as you use these Extra Enemy Drops Plugin Commands.
Here is a list of Plugin Command(s) that you may use:
Chain Battle Plugin Commands
Chain Battle: Queue Troop ID(s) - Setup the next Troop ID as a part of a chain battle. - If there are multiple, one will be randomly picked. Troop ID(s): - Select which Troop ID(s) to register as the next potential battle. Change Battleback?: - Change the battlebacks for this queued battle? Battleback 1: Battleback 2: - Filename used for the battleback image. - Leave empty if you don't wish to use one.
Chain Battle: Queue Encounter Pool - Setup the next battle from the random encounter pool. - If there are multiple, one will be randomly picked. Change Battleback?: - Change the battlebacks for this queued battle? Battleback 1: Battleback 2: - Filename used for the battleback image. - Leave empty if you don't wish to use one.
Chain Battle: Clear Chains - Clears any stored Chain Battles, allowing the battle to end after the current one.
Next Victory Plugin Commands
Next Victory: Queue Common Event - Queue a Common Event(s) to run next victory. - If multiple, Common Events run in queued order. - The Common Events will run before the next queued chain battle. Common Event ID(s): - Select which Common Event(s) to run upon the next victory. - If multiple, Common Events run in queued order. - If enemies revive in the middle of the Common Event queue, the queue is paused and resumed after the enemies are defeated once again. - For example: - Common Events A, B, C, D, E are queued. - Enemies are set to revive on Common Event B. - When the player achieves battle victory, Common Events A and B run. - The enemies will revive. - The player has to defeat the enemies again. - Once the enemies are defeated, Common Events C, D, and E then run. - Afterwards, any chain battles will occur.
Next Victory: Clear Common Event Queue - Clear queued Common Event(s) for next victory.
General settings related to Chain Battles.
Frames: - How many frames should be delayed on average?
Allow Fast Forward?: - Allow fast forwarding the delay by holding down the OK or Cancel buttons?
Variable: Chains: - Automatically tracks total chained battles. - Insert Variable ID '0' to not use.
Reward multipliers based on the number of Chain Battles in total.
Enable Multipliers?: - Enable victory reward multipliers?
EXP Rates: Gold Rates: Drop Rates: - What rates do you want per total chain battles? - 1.0 = 100%, 1.5 = 150%
Compatibility > Class Change System
CP Rates: JP Rates: - What rates do you want per total chain battles? - 1.0 = 100%, 1.5 = 150%
Compatibility > Skill Learn System
AP Rates: SP Rates: - What rates do you want per total chain battles? - 1.0 = 100%, 1.5 = 150%
1. These plugins may be used in free or commercial games provided that they have been acquired through legitimate means at VisuStella.com and/or any other official approved VisuStella sources. Exceptions and special circumstances that may prohibit usage will be listed on VisuStella.com.
2. All of the listed coders found in the Credits section of this plugin must be given credit in your games or credited as a collective under the name: "VisuStella".
4. You may NOT redistribute these plugins nor take code from this plugin to use as your own. These plugins and their code are only to be downloaded from VisuStella.com and other official/approved VisuStella sources. A list of official/approved sources can also be found on VisuStella.com.
6. If a compatibility patch needs to be made through a third party that is unaffiliated with VisuStella that involves using code from the VisuStella MZ library, contact must be made with a member from VisuStella and have it approved. The patch would be placed on VisuStella.com as a free download to the public. Such patches cannot be sold for monetary gain, including commissions, crowdfunding, and/or donations.
7. If this VisuStella MZ plugin is a paid product, all project team members must purchase their own individual copies of the paid product if they are to use it. Usage includes working on related game mechanics, managing related code, and/or using related Plugin Commands and features. Redistribution of the plugin and/or its code to other members of the team is NOT allowed unless they own the plugin itself as that conflicts with Article 4.
6. VisuStella MZライブラリのコードを使用した互換性パッチをVisuStellaとは関係のない第三者を通じて作成する必要がある場合は、まずVisuStellaのメンバーと連絡を取り、承認を得る必要があります。パッチはVisuStella.comに公開され、誰でも無料でダウンロードすることができるようになります。このようなパッチを、制作発注やクラウドファンディングの対象にしたり、寄付などの金銭的な利益を得るために販売することはできません。
7. このVisuStella MZプラグインが商用製品である場合、プロジェクトチームのすべてのメンバーは、それを使用するため、それぞれ製品を購入しなければなりません。使用方法には、関連するゲームメカニクスの作業、関連するコードの管理、および/または関連するプラグインコマンドや機能の使用、が含まれます。プラグインそのものやそのコードをチームの他のメンバーに再配布することは第4項に抵触するため、そのメンバーがプラグインそのものを所有していない限りは許可されません。
If you are using this plugin, credit the following people in your game:
Version 1.00 Official Release Date: September 8, 2021
End of File